Democrat presidential candidate front-runner Joe Biden shocked Christians by saying the “first thing” he would do as president would be to sign the so-called “Equality Act.”
President Trump has indicated he will veto the measure if it passes in the Senate and reaches his desk.
The bill already has been approved by the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives. Eight Republicans in the House voted for the bill, while not a single Democrat voted against it.
Here are 12 things you should know about this anti-Christian, anti-freedom-of-speech and anti-freedom-of-association bill:
1. All the other top Democratic presidential candidates agree with Joe Biden.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) co-sponsored the Senate version of the Equality act and included it in his presidential platform.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) co-sponsored the bill and promised to “fight tooth and nail” to get it passed if elected.
- South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg strongly supports the bill and said its passage in the House was a “historic moment for equal rights in America.”
- Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) co-sponsored the bill and described its passage as “a pivotal part of ending homophobia and transphobia and moving our culture forward…”
- Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) pledged to get the Equality Act passed into law if he is elected in 2020.
- Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) also co-sponsored the bill … and signed a petition launched by singer Taylor Swift in support of the bill.
2. Hollywood, the media and Silicon Valley are pushing the bill heavily.
The bill has 161 corporate sponsors, including:
- Levi Strauss
- The Dow Chemical Company
Singer Taylor Swift has launched a petition drive to her 114 million social media followers to get them to join her in pushing the Equality Act through the Senate.
And she has a rainbow-colored outfit…
The pressure is immense.
3. The Equality Act isn’t about equality.
It gives LGBTQ+ values supremacy over heterosexuality. It prohibits discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation and gender identity in areas including:
- public accommodations and facilities
- federal funding
- and the jury system
The bill also expands the definition of public accommodations to include all places or establishments that provide:
- gatherings or displays
- anything that gives accommodations for goods, services or programs
- all forms of transportation
The bill expands numerous federal civil rights laws – including the Civil Rights Act of 1964 – to include those with non-traditional sexual orientation – and those who identify as non-biological genders – as protected classes.
4. The Equality Act turns any recognition of the differences between the sexes – or any preference for traditional sexual morality – into actionable “hate.”
If this bill becomes law, it will result in a proliferation of lawsuits claiming discrimination of all kinds.
It prohibits an individual from being denied access to shared facilities including restrooms, locker rooms and dressing rooms that are in accordance with the individual’s gender identity.
The truth is that “gender identity” is in one’s head. It has nothing to do with biology…
The Equality Act says that each individual must be treated according to the sex he or she thinks or feels he or she is at any moment … or face the full force of this retaliatory law.
The law will allow the Department of Justice to intervene in “equal protection” (14th Amendment) actions in federal court regarding alleged sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination.
5. The Equality Act puts lies into laws.
When lies are made into laws, people get hurt…
The bill implies that biology is meaningless and that the only thing that matters is what each person thinks or feels at any moment about their sexuality.
It codifies into law that if you believe biology determines gender identity, you’re a bigot – tantamount to being a member of the Ku Klux Klan – who must be harassed and persecuted and shut out of society for your beliefs.
It demands tolerance for everyone except Christians.
6. The Equality Act will nullify the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
If the bill becomes law, freedom of religious expression will end in America.
- Christian doctors and hospitals will be forced to perform sex-change operations.
- Churches will be forced to host gay weddings and to hire and accommodate every possible gender identity.
- Christian schools will be forced to hire LGBTQ+ teachers … and teach LGBTQ+ beliefs and values as normal and God-ordained.
- Christian businesses will be forced to create designs, artwork and symbols celebrating LGBTQ+ lifestyles and values.
The government will become the new “morality police,” dictating to churches and other faith-based institutions who they can hire and how their facilities are used.
And they will be prosecuted if they don’t fall lock-step into a view of human sexuality that directly contradicts orthodox biblical teaching.
7. The Equality Act will change America for the worse.
As outlined above, this bill will criminalize the practice and beliefs of Christianity … and those who try to live according to those beliefs and practices.
It will also criminalize parents who believe in and teach their children traditional values regarding sex and gender.
In addition, it will:
- Allow men to access woman’s bathrooms … and women to use men’s bathrooms
- Allow children to choose their “gender identity” … and even change their bodies without parental consent
- Allow transgenders to compete in women’ sports, ruining women’s sports competition
The bill will also require doctors to affirm a child’s gender confusion. This means doctors could be forced to perform double mastectomies on healthy 13-year-old girls who feel like they are boys…
And pediatric endocrinologists will have to provide hormone blockers like Lupron to kids experiencing gender dysphoria … or be charged with discrimination.
Ten years ago there were only 2 hospitals in the U.S. that performed sex-change surgery. Today there are 50 … and the backers of this bill want to see sex-change operations performed in every public and private hospital in America.
8. The Equality Act will officially end parental rights regarding rearing their own children.
The usurpation of parental authority has already begun…
Recently, when parents in Ohio declined to provide the risky hormone therapy their daughter requested to begin the process of transforming her into a boy, the child’s doctors contacted the state’s Child Protective Services.
Ultimately, the parents’ rights were terminated.
If the Equality Act becomes federal law, what happened to this couple in Ohio will happen nationwide.
9. The Equality Act outlaws disagreement on important matters such as marriage and sexual identity.
Disagreement on important moral and biological issues is not discrimination…
But the Equality Act turns intellectual and moral debate into “hate” punishable by both state and federal governments.
Kristen Waggoner, senior vice president of the U.S. legal division of Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), said this:
“Our laws should respect the constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms of every citizen, but the so-called “Equality Act” fails to meet this basic standard. It would undermine women’s equality and force women and girls to share private, intimate spaces with men who identify as female… Like similar state and local laws, it would force Americans to participate in events and speak messages that violate their core beliefs… This bill – and similar proposals such as “Fairness for All” – undermines human dignity by threatening the fundamental freedoms of speech, religion, and conscience that the First Amendment guarantees for every citizen. Americans simply deserve better than the profound inequality proposed by this intolerant, deceptively-titled legislation.”
10. The Equality Act is not just an attack on heterosexuality … it is also an attack on homosexuality.
Think about the ramifications of erasing all gender distinctions. If you erase gender:
- You erase women, because gender is important to the women’s empowerment movement.
- You erase gays, because gender is important to gays.
- You erase lesbians, because gender is important to lesbians.
- You erase heterosexuals, because gender is important to relationships between people of opposite sexes
This is why many gay and lesbian activist groups are opposed to the bill. They see the ramifications of the legislation more fully and accurately than do most.
Martina Navratilova –the self-identified lesbian tennis pro who won 9 Wimbledon championships between 1978 and 1990, and who is considered by many to be the greatest female tennis player of all time – is opposed to the Equality Act.
11. The plus sign in LGBTQ+ legitimizes pedophilia.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) wants to lower the age of sexual consent … and redefine pedophilia as “minor-attracted people” and “youth-attracted people.”
The plus sign in LGBTQ+ is a multi-purpose symbol that means pansexual, polyamorous and asexual … but it also means “minor-attracted” people and “youth-attracted” people – soft terms that are used to skirt around pedophilia.
“Minor-attracted” people have a pre-pubescent sexual attraction. “Youth-attracted” people have a post-pubescent sexual attraction. These two new categories of sexual orientation are symbolized by the plus sign in LGBTQ+.
The Equality Act therefore legitimizes pedophilia as two new protected sexual orientations.
This should shock and alarm you.
Some states have already lowered the “age of consent” for sexual assault crimes to 16. The backers of the Equality Act want to lower the age of consent nationally to 14 … or even lower.
12. The Equality Act is the most dangerous assault on freedom of speech and freedom of religion ever proposed on a national level.
This bill is an all-out assault on parental rights, on the family, on the church, and on millions of Christians and people of faith all across America. It dictates that faith must be confined to the mind alone … and not be applied to actions or behaviors.
Note that there is no religious exemption in this bill.
Almost no institution or person of faith – Christian, Muslim, or otherwise – will escape the reach of this draconian law if it passes in the Senate and is signed into law by a progressive, non-Christian president.
The “Equality Act” must be stopped. It must not be allowed to pass the Senate.
PLEASE contact the two U.S. Senators representing your state and urge them to vote against this terrible bill. Give them your reasons why this legislation would destroy the First Amendment – and America as we’ve known it for 230 years.
There are a number of different ways to contact U.S. Senators. Here’s a web site that lists all 100 U.S. Senators alphabetically. Find your senators and click on their names. You will be sent to their individual web sites where you can find their email addresses, phone numbers and other information. Click here to get started.
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com
Here are the rest of this week’s articles: