For years we have seen the war on Christmas escalate…
For years we have seen Christmas become more and more secularized…
For years we’ve seen the real story of Christmas fade into the background … almost to the point of disappearing altogether.
This year – for a change – we’ve seen lots of Christmas pronouncements at the White House…
But the media, the schools, and many businesses have continued the trend of either neutrality, hostility, or outright war on the true meaning of Christmas.
Here are 3 examples:
- The increase in the use of the expression “Happy Holidays.”
We no longer hear “Merry Christmas” from the news media … or in advertising…
And very rarely do we hear it from businesses … or see it painted on storefront windows – like we always did in the past.
There’s a paranoia of fear permeating American society – a fear that if we say, “Merry Christmas,” someone who doesn’t celebrate Christmas – or who doesn’t believe in Christ – will be offended.
My personal experience as a small business owner is that this just isn’t not true…
It’s an unsubstantiated and unwarranted fear. People accept hearing “Merry Christmas” whether they’re atheists, Jews, or believe in another religion.
- The removal of the story of Christmas from public schools.
In their effort to be “more sensitive” toward the “diverse population” of its student body, Robious Middle School in Virginia recently notified parents that their renamed “Winter” program would be stripped of Christmas songs containing the name of Jesus.
According to one teacher, a few students “weren’t comfortable” singing songs about Jesus.
How ironic! Do public school educators not realize that excluding Jesus while claiming they are promoting diversity is an oxymoron?
They can’t have it both ways…
If they want to teach diversity, some students will feel uncomfortable … at least some of the time.
The school is not promoting diversity … it is promoting censorship.
And this censorship masquerading as “diversity” isn’t just happening in one school district in Virginia. It’s happening all across the nation – including your neighborhood public school.
In contrast, a recent survey found that 74% of respondents thought Christmas should be celebrated in public schools.
Now … if only more of the 74% majority would voice their disagreement with what the progressive minority is doing with Christmas … instead of acting indifferent…
- The removal of the Christmas story from the public square.
Nativity scenes on civic center grounds – in front of public libraries – or in other public places used to be common. Now, they are very rare.
Many local municipalities, city councils, and state governments have outlawed any nativity scenes or other displays depicting the true meaning of Christmas…
The trend among local and state governments is to ignore the historical foundation of Christmas in favor of being “politically correct.”
Another disheartening example – the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.
It used to be about Christmas … and the official beginning of the Christmas season in New York City…
But in recent years it has turned into more of a gay pride celebration.
This year it was all about the public highlighted display of two lesbians kissing on national television.
Where are the pastors? Where are the Christians?
Where is the public outcry over the public desecration of a Christian holiday?
Where is the bold public reminder that this holiday is about the birth of the Savior of mankind … and the reasons why His birth was so necessary … and so miraculous?
What can you do? Here are 3 suggestions:
1) Whatever you buy this year, think in terms of supporting those who are supporting Christmas … and avoiding those who are not. (Create a naughty and nice list.)
2) Always in your Christmas cards … and whenever you’re at a store with people … say “Merry Christmas” – even in response to their saying “Happy Holidays” to you.
3) Encourage your church and your pastors to vote in every election for candidates who will lead the way to protect our religious rights.
What do you think? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are this week’s articles:
- Blatant Censorship: Google Search Results Manipulation Revealed [Videos]
- The Deep State Strikes Back: 6 Things You Should Know About the Continuing Mueller Probe into Russian Collusion by the 2016 Trump Campaign [Videos]
- Anti-Semitism Exploding in America: 6 Things You Need Know
- A Unique Christmas Gift for Your Pro-Freedom Family and Friends