The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, has failed on many fronts, despite President Obama’s pleading and the Mainstream Media’s fawning coverage.
Insurance companies are leaving the Obamacare state and federal exchanges, including Aetna, UnitedHealth, and Humana.
Insurance premiums have skyrocketed all over the country, with the following average rate increases for these states:
- Colorado: 13.4%
- Arizona: 19%
- Oregon: 23.2%
- Tennessee: 35.2%
- Minnesota: 47.7%
Here are six brutal facts about Obamacare which the Government and the Media are not telling you:
- Far fewer than projected have signed up, despite the large number forced into the program.
- Central Planning has failed. A basic principle of economics recognizes that the Free Market can better detect supply and demand. Government bureaucrats can only guess, and they are (often) wrong.
- The Medicaid crisis is expanding. Instead of cutting costs, more patients are heading toward emergency rooms, since doctors receive lower reimbursement rates and more hospitals close due to rising operational costs.
- The costs to taxpayers are skyrocketing. Private insurers charge an average of $1, 375 per new patient because of Obamacare regulations.
- Americans are losing the health care (their insurance plans and their doctor) that they liked. Obamacare forced five million people off their health insurance plans.
Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and Green candidate Jill Stein support Obamacare. Stein wants a single-payer system, which would mean more government control.
Donald Trump and Gary Johnson both oppose Obamacare, and want to see free market mechanisms in place to control health care costs.
What do you think? How has Obamacare affected you? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.