Title: Pastors, Christians, the Church and Politics
Shelly and I recently did a podcast with Pastor Allen Jackson of the World Outreach Church.
Here are a few key points from the podcast:
- We all have a worldview – this is the filter we use to look at the world.
What is a worldview? Our worldview is the values we hold and how we decide and respond to things around us.
Christian – worldview: If you choose to grow up and mature in the Lord, you invite Christ into all parts of your life.
- As you integrate Scripture into your life, you begin to construct a worldview formed from the Biblical perspective.
- Hostility to a Christian worldview from the media: we get an antagonism to a Christian worldview.
But we must purposefully construct a Christian worldview – and the Holy Spirit will help us.
- How we respond to things around us comes from our worldview.
Christians and voting: Approximately 30-40% of people in the church are not registered to vote.
And approximately 20-30% of people in the church do not vote in the election.
- The root of our problems are not the depravity of the wicked. It’s the ambivalence of the faithful that is the problem.
- Pastors and politics. Pastors are employees of the church and are afraid of talking about what is happening in our world today.
Pastors understand that if they transgress boundaries – their jobs are at risk.
In the election of 2020, many pastors did not even mention an election.
Click HERE to listen to my interview.
What do you think? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.