As you may know, my 29-year-old son was shot 5 times by 3 gang members in an attempted robbery last March…
I wanted to give you an update on Cory’s current condition.
First, thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement. It has meant so much to Cory … and to our entire family.
Here are 8 things I want you to know.
- Yes, it’s a miracle. It’s a miracle he’s alive. It’s a miracle he’s progressing so fast. It’s only because of God’s mercy and grace – and people praying like yourself.
- He recently underwent surgery to reattach some muscles in his upper chest. This is the only additional surgery he has had, and it doesn’t look like any others will be needed. The two bullets that are still in his body – out of the five – are going to stay. They are not going to remove them.
- This has been a very traumatic experience for Cory, emotionally and psychologically, as well as physically … as you can imagine. So, prayers for my wife and for him should be for more than just physical healing.
- Cory is working out almost daily … and he has been driving now for many months. He is just now recovered enough to apply for work. Pray he finds the right job. One of the applications we have is at the Terranea Hotel.
- Cory is praying about going to the Calvary Chapel Bible College in Murrietta. He is also looking at other options as he looks down the road.
- Pray that God will give Cory wisdom regarding making the right decisions for the future.
- Because of the incredible generous donations from readers, Cory has been able to keep current with his bills and not have to work while he is recovering. His money will be running out very shortly. We are all so very grateful of you who donated and helped financially. It was so awesome … and so badly needed.
- Let me update you on the 3 kids involved in the shooting and attempted robbery. Two of them spent 10 days in jail and then they were released. The Harbor Division police officers felt this was dangerous to the school and community to let the kids go. All of them had long rap sheets. It’s a very sad commentary on justice in our society today. The shooter was trying to maneuver legally, but luckily it doesn’t look like he can rely on getting out in his early twenties. The shooter that attempted to kill my son is 16. There have been multiple court hearings and delays by his defense. Pray that justice is served.
Once Cory is examined for some additional issues, I will let you know. At this point, just give God the praise and glory for all He has done and is doing.
Thanks for your prayers.
Questions or comments? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the rest of this week’s articles: