At the National Religious Broadcasters Convention (NRB), with over 2,000 Christian broadcasters, ministry leaders, film producers, and well-known pastors, I listened to Ron DeSantis address Evangelical Christians.
The Governor of Florida, who is a Catholic, brought the audience to a standing ovation when he urged the audience to “put on the armor of God,” quoting Ephesians 6.
I’ve included at the bottom of this article some of the videos I took at NRB, showing the crowd’s reaction to some of his key statements. DeSantis gave a 25-minute speech and received multiple standing ovations.
Within the room were people who had almost unanimously been strong advocates and supporters of Trump, and the audience that came to hear DeSantis was skeptical.
The reaction he received was beyond all expectations.
The standing ovations began as the Governor:
- Attacked the architect of the lockdowns and church closures, Dr. Anthony Fauci
- He got a standing ovation as he declared that the latest anti-abortion legislation he promoted and signed into law in Florida was the strongest pro-life measure the state ever had.
- He described his fatherhood initiative to promote better families.
- His promotion for helping pregnant mothers with adoption.
- Giving sales tax breaks on baby care items
- Removing sales tax on gas-powered stoves
- Removing inappropriate content in schools—He showed what was in the schools, which was so offensive that the news outlets in Florida had to cut their feeds. He said, “If it’s too graphic for the 6 O’clock news, how is it acceptable for a 10 yr old child.”
- Support for Israel
- How he flipped the Florida Supreme Court from judicial activists to a majority of strict constructionists and promised to fill vacancies in the U.S. Supreme Court with strict constructionists to create a 7 to 2 majority that would last a quarter of a century
DeSantis prayed with Christian leaders before he went on stage. But my wife Shelly was given a divine… some would say a miraculous opportunity… to pray with DeSantis personally.
As he was leaving the convention, surrounded by heavily armed guards, police officers, and SWAT Team, God parted the security teams for her to be able to approach DeSantis and talk to him and then pray with him… With a powerful word from God, as she’s done with Trump, Cruz, Paul, Rubio, McCarthy, and so many others.
Many of the presidential candidates are reaching out to Evangelical voters, particularly Tim Scott and Mike Pence.
Donald Trump has been angered by many Evangelicals for not immediately supporting him, attacking some of the leaders, including pro-life leaders. Now he has started to release more videos to reach out positively to the Christian voter.
We will cover all of these developments in upcoming issues and in our voter guide presidential profiles.
I encourage you to take a look at some of the videos with Ron DeSantis that I took on my iPhone at the NRB conference.
You may also read this : DeSantis vs. Trump: Ingraham’s Surprising Response [VIDEO].