Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire for School Board
Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, CraigHuey.com has conducted California election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations.
Last election cycle we had about 1 million voters following our endorsements, many in your district.
Besides conducting a dozen live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to several hundred thousand California voters.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed…Giving you a 1 to 5 star rating
- Not endorsed
- Refused to disclose position
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully giving you our endorsement.
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- What are the three (3) most pressing issues facing the school district? Please prioritize them. What if anything do you plan to do about them if you are elected to the position of governing board member? What specific promises will you make to the voters in order to be elected?
- Do you support or oppose the Transgender Bathroom Bill (AB1266) signed into law by Governor Brown? Why or Why not?
- There a drop out problem in our schools. What can we do about it?
- Do you favor or oppose the expansion of charter schools within the school district? Why or why not? Do you favor or oppose the use of voucher system within the public school system? Why or Why not?
- Do you believe there is a place for celebrations of religious holidays and singing religious music in holiday programs? What would you support and allow and what should be excluded from the school?
- When teaching science, should alternatives to evolution (such as Intelligent Design) be taught in public schools? Should individual instructors be given leeway to teach both points of view? Or should only the accepted theories of evolution be taught without mentioning the scientific objections to the theory?
- Do you favor or oppose new taxes, fees, or bonds?
- Will you support or oppose those choosing homeschooling?
- What national politician do you admire the most and why?
- What does Critical Race Theory mean to you and what are your thoughts about the teaching of Critical Race Theory in public school?
- What are your thoughts about transgender boys playing in girls’ sports and dressing in girls’ locker rooms?
- Should teachers be teaching values to students and should they be telling students what to believe and what to think or should they merely be teaching the subject matter?
- Who should have final control over the content of a child’s education, including the books they read?
- Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not? If you believe in absolute truth, what is the source of absolute truth? If you do not believe in absolute truth, how do you determine what is true?
Please return to: firstname.lastname@example.org.